A list of our terms and conditions and qualifying criteria for hirers.
To proceed with your hire the driver of the vehicle must bring with them:
- Valid driving licence
- Two other forms of I.D. (this includes anything with your name and address on i.e. Council Tax Bill, Utility Bill) A valid Passport is also an acceptable form of I.D. Please note the two forms of I.D. are in addition to your drivers licence.
- The paper counterpart of the licence is no longer valid. Prior to the hire please visit this >>LINK<< to the governments website where you can print out, or share via a code, the relevant details required.
Pickering Nook Van Hire work closely with our insurance company providing versatile cover for a range of customers.
Below are the requirements for the driver of the hire vehicle.
- Hirer must be 21 – 75 years old.
- Hirers aged 21 – 24 must have held a full driving licence for 2 year.
- Hirers aged 24 – 75 must have held a full driving licence for 1 year.
Vehicles can not be driven if:
- a person, in connection with a motoring offence, has had their licence suspended or more than 6 penalty points.
- persons who have had their insurance declined or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or had their insurance cover cancelled by their motor insurance.
- Person engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports person.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing , gambling industry or press of any sort.
- Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
- Persons, whilst driving, who have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
All hires include up to a maximum £500 excess payable in the event of damage to the vehicle during the hire period.
Drivers aged 21 – 24 are liable for an additional £150 excess (£650 in total).
We do now offer an excess waiver of £5 for 2, 4, 6 hour hires and £10 for 24 hour hires and recommend it to all hirers.
Enquiries can be made via email firstname.lastname@example.org, our Contact Us page or by telephone on 01207 521720. Confirmed bookings are made by phone when a non-refundable £10 deposit will be required payable on a debit card. The remainder of the payment is made on the day the vehicle is collected. All of our vans are supplied full of diesel and must be returned full with a fuel receipt as proof.
Excess mileage, payable when a vehicle covers more than 100 miles in a 24 hour period, is charged at twenty pence per mile. We offer an excess mileage waiver at a cost of £15 paid in addition to our standard hire fees.
An additional driver is permitted to drive the rental vehicle for a fee of £10 per day paid on collection. The additional driver is required to provide their drivers licence and any other I.D. as required.
Early returns should be communicated in advance but no refunds will be issued for the outstanding duration.